What is AMCOA?
AMCOA stands for Association of Medical Councils of Africa. It is an organization that brings together Medical and Dental Regulatory Authorities, Boards and Councils from the African Countries.
How many members does AMCOA have presently?
There are 15 Members as shown below:
- Botswana Health Professions Council
- Medical & Dental Council of Ghana
- Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board of Kenya
- Medical, Dental & Pharmacy Council of Lesotho
- Medical Council of Malawi
- Medical & Dental Councils of Mauritius
- Health Professions Councils of Namibia
- Rwanda Medical & Dental Council
- Medical & Dental Council of Sierra Leone
- Health Professions Council of South Africa
- Medical & Dental Council of Swaziland
- Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Medical & Dental Practitioners Council of Uganda
- Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Medical & Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
Is AMCOA open to other Countries?
Yes. AMCOA has opened its doors to other African countries and this is informed by the need to encourage information sharing across the continent